CAVENDISH, PEI —Sandspit Entertainment Ltd. is one of 13 tourism businesses in Central PEI. who are receiving federal funding to add new attractions and services ahead of the island’s next tourist season.
In a press release, the federal government announced that Sandspit would receive a $500,000 loan to add new rides and attractions and update existing products.
The funding is part of an infusion of nearly $1.3 million from Ottawa into tourism businesses in central PEI.
Other tourism businesses receiving funding to improve amenities and offerings include Graham Inn, Fairways Cottages Inc., Borden/Summerside KOA, CNG Country Cabins, Cavendish Maples Inc., Storybook Adventures and Natures Retreat Inc., DBA Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottages and Suites, Brackley Drive-In Theatre, Red Rock Retreat Campground and Cottages, Treetop Haven Inc., The Pines Motel and Cottages Ltd. and The Good Cottages Inc.
Funding is offered through the Federal Tourism Assistance Fund.
Central PEI Businesses receiving federal funding:
- Tourism businesses in Central PEI that receive federal funding include:
- Sandspit Entertainment Ltd. – $500,000, reimbursable.
- Graham Inn – $100,000, non-refundable.
- Fairways Cottages Inc. – $100,000, non-refundable.
- Borden/Summerside KOA – $100,000, non-refundable.
- CNG Country Cabins – $100,000, non-refundable.
- Cavendish Maples Inc. – $100,000, non-refundable.
- Storybook Adventures and Natures Retreat Inc. – $100,000, non-refundable.
- DBA Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottages and Suites – $64,250, non-refundable.
- Brackley Drive-In Theater – $55,000, non-refundable.
- Red Rock Retreat Campground and Cabins – $43,000, non-refundable.
- Treetop Haven Inc. – $21,462, non-refundable.
- The Pines Motel and Cottages Ltd. – $8,960, non-refundable.
- The Good Cottages Inc. – $3,926, non-refundable.