Chris Rock stops at a souvenir shop while strolling through Paris before his first show


Chris Rock arrives in Paris ahead of the first show at the Apollo Theater… as ABC president teases comedian who could host next year’s Oscars

Chris Rock was spotted in Paris ahead of his first show at the Apollo Theater on Tuesday.

The 57-year-old comedian donned mirrored sunglasses as he strolled through the City of Lights and posed for photos while visiting a souvenir shop.

The sighting comes after ABC President Craig Erwich said he would be interested in seeing Rock return to the Oscars stage next year as host, following the controversial incident of the slapgate with Will Smith.

Outside: Chris Rock was spotted in Paris ahead of his first show at the Apollo Theater on Tuesday. The 57-year-old comedian donned mirrored sunglasses as he strolled through the City of Lights and posed for photos while visiting a souvenir shop

Rock has yet to comment on the speculation.

The stand-up star is currently on an Ego Death world tour and will give three concerts in Paris on May 17, 18 and 19.

Chris donned a black polo t-shirt and gray cargo pants with white sneakers for his outing.

The Grown Ups star accessorized with silver chain bracelets and sported Apple AirPods.

The South Carolina native was carrying an iPad and a cellphone when he was seen outside the luxurious Le Meurice hotel.

On tour: The stand-up star is currently on an Ego Death world tour and will perform at three shows in Paris on May 17, 18 and 19

On tour: The stand-up star is currently on an Ego Death world tour and will perform at three shows in Paris on May 17, 18 and 19

Chris kicked off his first world tour in five years on April 2 after making headlines around the world when he was slapped by Will Smith at the 94th Academy Awards in March.

The shocking incident happened after the comedian made a GI Jane joke about Will’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, as he presented the Best Documentary Film award.

Will then accepted the Best Actor award for his performance in King Richard just 40 minutes later.

After the Slap: Chris kicked off his first world tour in five years on April 2 after making headlines around the world when he was slapped by Will Smith at the 94th Academy Awards in March

After the Slap: Chris kicked off his first world tour in five years on April 2 after making headlines around the world when he was slapped by Will Smith at the 94th Academy Awards in March

However, the slapping incident overshadowed the rest of the awards show and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was criticized for not removing the 53-year-old actor from the ceremony after Chris refused to file a complaint.

Will eventually apologized and resigned from the Academy, which then voted to ban him from attending the ceremony in person or virtually for 10 years.

Chris received an outpouring of celebrity and fan support. The comedy star’s popularity skyrocketed following the incident, with ticket prices for his shows rising and many performances selling out.

Controversy: The shocking incident happened after the comedian made a GI Jane joke about Will's wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, while presenting the award for best documentary film

Controversy: The shocking incident happened after the comedian made a GI Jane joke about Will’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, while presenting the award for best documentary film

The Malagasy artist only briefly referenced the incident during some of his comedic performances.

On April 28, he broke his 45-day social media silence with a post promoting his shows in Paris.

During his show in London last week, Chris told the crowd, “I’m fine, if anyone was wondering.” I got most of my hearing back.

Breaking His Silence: On April 28, Chris broke his 45-day social media silence with a post promoting his shows in Paris.

Breaking His Silence: On April 28, Chris broke his 45-day social media silence with a post promoting his shows in Paris.

He added: “People expect me to talk about the bulls**t, I’m not going to talk about it now, I’ll get there eventually, on Netflix.”

In an interview with Deadline on Thursday, ABC President Craig Erwich told the outlet he was open to the idea of ​​Chris hosting the Oscars next year.

Speaking on behalf of the network which airs the awards show, Craig said: “My assessment of the Oscars was that it was truly a successful year for the show.

“Obviously there was a lot of controversy, which overshadowed a lot of the positive things about the show, but I was really happy with the program.”

He added, “Even before that very unfortunate moment, the show started year after year and we came back strong.”

Previous Watch Dopapod's "Fannie" Debut at the Mr. Smalls Theater in Pittsburgh [Video]
Next medZERO continues to recruit innovative companies wishing to offer extensive benefits to attract and retain employees in a competitive market