Honor Credit Union is proud to announce the total donation of $9,300 to 13 local non-profit organizations through its Goals for Good program.
Originally launched in 2018 through a partnership with the Northern Michigan University hockey team and the Radio Results Network, the program has grown from supporting five organizations to thirteen organizations.
For every Wildcat goal scored in a home game last NMU hockey season, Honor donated $100 to a designated nonprofit, with a minimum donation of $300 per game.
Throughout the 2021-2022 season, the Wildcats have been fighting a big fight on the ice, resulting in many wins, which is an even bigger win for the community.
“In Year 3 of Goals for Good, it’s amazing how many organizations we’ve reached,” said Jamie Gollakner, Regional Director of Honor. “When I watch games, I can’t help but smile at the excitement of the crowd when the Wildcats score. This is not only a score for NMU but also for this organization in our community. Five organizations received more than $1,000 for their bottom line. It’s really unbelievable !
Honor’s Goals for Good partnership with NMU Hockey is another continuation of the credit union’s commitment to supporting its communities and local nonprofits. The following organizations received Honor contributions during the 2021-22 season:
• MÄTI – Masonic Arts, Theater and Innovation Company – $1,200 donation
• Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 380 – $500 Donation
• Chocolay Raptor Center – $300 donated
• South Shore Fishing Association – $700 donated
• UP Vets Servis – $1,100 donated
• DJ Jacobetti Home for Veterans – $500 donated
• Gwinn Paw Packs – $1,000 donated
• Inn room – $1,000 donated
• Let’s grow KI – $1,000 donated
• Negaunee Miner Packs – $500 given away
• Pigs-N-Heat Fire Relief Fund – $300 donated
• Gwinn Area Community Fund – $300 donated
• GLCYD: Excellence in Education – $900 donated