Lifest returns to Oshkosh in 2021, live entertainment is hopeful in other places


OSHKOSH, WB (WBAY) – Another sign that summer might look more normal: Lifest organizers say the Christian music festival will be held in July in Oshkosh.

“I think people are really ready to go out and do something. Obviously people are always careful, but that’s the joy of living in the country we live in: we have the ability to make these decisions on our own, ”said John Dougherty, festival director.

Last year’s event was canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions and uncertainty caused by the pandemic.

Appleton-based Life Promotions said it was working with Winnebago County and the City of Oshkosh to ensure security measures are in place for vendors and people attending the festival. Organizers say Lifest typically attracts more than 25,000 people a day.

The four-day Lifest will begin July 8 at the Sunnyview Expo Center. Tickets are on sale now on https://lifest.com/oshkosh.

Organizers say they’re still working on acts, but they already include Newsboys, Crowder, Matt Maher, Skillet, Matthew West and Zach Williams.

“I think all of our artists are ready to come out and perform. They are ready to see the crowds again. They are ready to play in front of people. For our main stage, we’ve basically moved our lineup from 2020 to 2021 with a few exceptions, ”said Dougherty.

We are told that camping is also available during the festival.

Lifest has been hosting concerts at the Sunnyview Expo Center since 1999.

Meanwhile, spokespersons for other venues that host live performances say interest is slowly returning.

“There are gigs that are out there so we keep our fingers crossed that these things go as planned, but you never know in that atmosphere and this time around,” said Terry Charles, senior communications director at company at PMI Entertainment. .

Player hockey games and Disney on Ice are a few events that went off without a hitch, but concerts were more difficult to book due to social distancing measures.

“If a concert that is currently available in the books and has sold out, it basically has to perform as a sold-out concert. It’s not like you just tell 75% of the people you can’t come and the remaining 25% you can. It won’t work on many levels let alone financially, ”Charles said.

Copyright 2021 WBAY. All rights reserved.


Source link

Previous Will you be eligible for a student loan discount under Biden's plan?
Next Valorant: New Agent Astra Ability Kit Unveiled

MENU

Back