Pune, India, November 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – According to Fortune Business Insights â¢, the kombucha market size is expected to reach USD 10.45 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 23.2% during the forecast period. The growing presence of small kombucha companies will redefine the contours of innovation in this market.
Kombucha is a type of fermented tea that is rapidly gaining popularity around the world as it provides the perfect alternative to alcoholic beverages. To capture the booming market for this drink, several small companies have sprung up in recent years that have provided innovative flavors to kombucha lovers. For example, Delhi-based Atmospheric Kombucha, launched in April 2018, offers fully raw, organic fermented tea infused with aromas of dried fruits and herbs. Their teas are also available in unique flavors such as lavender, blueberry, mango, and guava.
Likewise, US-based Health-Ade was established in 2012 and today is one of the largest and most innovative kombucha-making companies in the United States, offering flavors such as jalapeÃ±o. -kiwi-cucumber, cloves and chocolates. The deepening of the presence of these entities specializing in kombucha opens up expansion portals for this market.
Get a sample PDF brochure:
List of the Companies Featured in the Kombucha Market Report:
- Revive Kombucha (California, United States)
- Humm Kombucha, LLC (US)
- Reed’s Inc. (Connecticut, United States)
- Molson Coors Beverage Company (Chicago, USA)
- The Hain Celestial Group (New York, United States)
- Health-Ade Kombucha (United States)
- PepsiCo, Inc. (New York, United States)
- The Coca Cola Company (Georgia, United States)
Humanity is reeling from the unexpected eruption of the COVID-19 pandemic which has severely damaged the global economy, triggered widespread disruptions in supply and demand, and caused social, political and economic anxiety unprecedented worldwide. Several sectors, industries and markets are going through a period of deep stress and unbearable apprehension. In such dire circumstances, companies are in desperate need of holistic information on the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on different markets.
At Fortune Business Insights â¢, we aim to deliver just that. Based on our experience and expertise, we offer market research reports with high quality market analysis to help your business overcome these tough times.
The report states that the global market was worth $ 1.84 billion in 2019 and shares the following:
- Detailed assessment of trends, drivers and restraints influencing market growth;
- Holistic analysis of regional developments impacting the market;
- In-depth research of the profiles of key players and their strategies; and
- In-depth study of all market segments.
Multiple health benefits of fermented tea to ensure stable market growth
The health benefits of kombucha have been proven by several scientific studies and the growing awareness of these benefits is expected to further increase uptake of this drink. For example, a study by researchers at University College Cork in Ireland found that since kombucha is fermented, it contains a large amount of lactic acid bacteria which can function as a probiotic.
As a result, this drink can be part of a normal diet, as probiotics are known to support gut health, improve digestion, and even help with weight loss. Additionally, evidence gathered by researchers at the University of Toulouse in France shows that kombucha made from green tea can stimulate calorie-burning processes in the body, improve cholesterol levels, control blood sugar levels, and reduce belly fat. With consumers becoming increasingly health conscious, especially in urban areas, demand for the drink is expected to increase as its visibility increases in retail stores and supermarkets around the world.
Do your research before purchasing this research report:
Growing demand for alternative beverages to accelerate market growth in North America
North America, with a market size of USD 0.97 billion in 2019, is expected to maintain its leading position in the kombucha market throughout the forecast period. Changing market dynamics in North America are driven by the growing preference of drinkers in the region for healthy drink alternatives to regular sodas and soft drinks. Europe is poised to become the second region in this market due to the growing popularity of probiotic drinks in large economies such as the UK and Germany. In Asia-Pacific, increasing disposable income for consumers is driving the demand for unique and premium beverages steadily.
Promotion of new preparations to be the new growth strategy of key players
Recognizing the wide scope of creativity in the category of kombucha, major market players are actively promoting new preparations of this beloved drink to consumers. Additionally, companies, especially large organizations, are adopting innovative design strategies to expand the visibility of their products in supermarkets, department stores, and point-of-sale stores.
Key industry developments:
- September 2020: British company Woodies has announced the launch of a new line of cannabidiol (CBD) infused kombuchas. The drink will combine the health benefits of CBD and fermented tea and will be available in Hibiscus & Raspberry, Orange and Ginger flavors.
- March 2020: KeVita unveiled the new and improved look of its kombucha bottles, promoted by the company’s new owner, PepsiCo, to help the brand gain exposure on store shelves. The move is being advocated by PepsiCo to boost the company’s slow sales in the fermented tea category.
Browse the detailed summary of the research report with the table of contents:
Detailed table of contents:
- Scope of research
- Market segmentation
- Research methodology
- Definitions and assumptions
- Market dynamics
- Market factors
- Market constraints
- Market opportunities
- Emerging trends
- Key ideas
- Overview of the Global Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Beverages Market
- Market Dynamics of Global Fermented Tea Market
- Overview of the emergence of small players and its impact on the market
- Supply chain and regulatory analysis
- Recent Industry Developments – Policies, Mergers & Acquisitions and
- New product launches
- Market analysis and overview (in relation to COVID-19)
- Impact of COVID-19 on the market
- The supply chain challenges of the pandemic
- Potential opportunities to support the Snaturals during the calamity
- Global kombucha market analysis, outlook and forecast, 2016-2027
- Main conclusions / Summary
- Market size estimates and forecasts
- By type (value)
- By distribution channel (value)
- Supermarkets / Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Health food stores
- Online shops
- By region (value)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
Table of contents continuedâ¦!
Talk to our expert:
Take a look at the related research analyzes:
Probiotics in the animal feed market Size, Share and Industry Analysis by Genus of Microbial (Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, Yeast and Other Microbes), by Application (Ruminants, Poultry, Pigs, Aquaculture, Others) and Regional Forecast 2019-2026
Functional drinks market Industry Size, Share & Analysis, By Type (Fortified Juice, Energy Drink, Sports Drink, Dairy Drink, Improved Water, Others), By Distribution Channel (Supermarket / Hypermarket, Department Stores, Food Stores health, online stores, other), and regional forecast 2019-2026
Fortune Business Insights â¢ delivers expert business analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions to our clients, helping them meet the specific challenges of their businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with comprehensive market information, giving them a granular overview of the market in which they operate.
Fortune Business Insights â¢ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Investigation n Â° 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
United States: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
E-mail: [email protected]
Fortune Business Insights â¢
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs
Read the press release: