Virgin Music is looking for a Manager to join our industry leading Commercial Marketing team Account management of a range of physical and streaming accounts. This role will involve developing go-to-market commercial release plans, researching, creating and executing various commercial opportunities and creative release strategies while maintaining important relationships with our commercial accounts, artists and label partners. This role will work in tandem with various departments within Virgin/Capitol/Universal Music Group under the direction of the SVP/Head of Commercial Marketing, Virgin Music. The successful candidate will have exceptional relationship management skills, be proactive, results-oriented, a strategic thinker with an analytical mind, and serve as an advocate for Virgin’s artists and label partners.
- Relationship management: develop and maintain strong relationships and work specifically with physical and streaming commercial accounts to ensure the commercial success of our artists and label partners. You will use storytelling and strategy to build the overall plot, marketing, cultural capital and data to achieve goals/objectives/plans while supporting/providing necessary asset gathering and pitch administration . Regularly attend in-person and video meetings and take partners to shows. Relationship management skills for this role are essential.
- Partner Account Manager: Represent Virgin Music’s repertoire as an account manager on various business accounts while ensuring an ongoing knowledge base of all best practices, personnel and opportunities on major business accounts for which this role is responsible. This position will serve as the primary manager and sub account support for various key accounts, managing partner relationships, best practices, exit strategies, long term planning + music plays and ongoing campaigns while ensuring continued opportunities for our partner artists and labels.
- Relationship with the label: Work directly with Virgin Music labels to identify opportunities for their release schedule, educate and champion account best practices, create account and label call diaries, and ensure targets are met via metrics key performance indicators, reports and communications from the Virgin Music team
- Streaming and commercial marketing strategy: Create dynamic and engaging launch plans and campaigns (including experiential events) that drive successful revenue
- Data analysis: Provide strategic analysis and recommendations on consumption, listener behavior and account performance
- Label meetings: Be available for all label meetings to communicate release performance, provide strategic recommendations, develop plans with labels and partners, and develop ideas/strategies
- Digital Marketing Strategy: Work with Virgin Music’s digital and marketing departments to ensure our partners create creative and innovative campaigns that engage fans using pre-existing platforms and new technologies
- Artist relations: Liaise directly with labels, managers and artists before and during a release cycle and any in-person/virtual events to ensure smooth execution
- Revenue forecast/P&L/budgeting: This role will also oversee physical releases into various physical retail accounts. Work with the team to project sales potential and monitor/advise on the best product cost structures resulting in reasonable retail market valuation while delivering maximum profit margins with integrated marketing funds per unit.
- Manufacture of products: Liaise with production teams on sales, pricing and forecast projection
- Trade promotions: Through a series of reports, keep a close eye on inventory levels, track performance, and suggest opportunities to further leverage or event revenue-generating moments for our artists’ repertoire with our business partners.
- Culture-focused orientation: Knowing, being immersed in and speaking eloquently about the momentum/relevance within the performing culture, conveying what is meaningful to the account, its clients, our artists and benchmarking artists/managers expectations.
Virgin Music ‘Branding’/Visibility: Acting as a ‘face’ for Virgin Music, maintaining a presence at concerts and events, often several times a week.
- Ideal candidate to understand the physical retail and streaming landscape
- Previous project or account management experience in the music industry
- Must have exceptional relationship management skills with music industry relations and a vision to collaborate with all teams in the company
- Analytical mind with the ability to read data and trends. Must be goal oriented and extremely organized
- Can handle extremely heavy workloads and multi-task in a very fast-paced, high-volume music environment, essential for this role and indispensable
- Experience in developing strategies and executing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals to potential clients (please be prepared to provide examples or discuss campaigns you have worked on)
- Must be tech-savvy with a deep understanding of current and upcoming technologies and general market trends
- Applicants should be creative, innovative, results-oriented, with great attention to detail and resourceful.
- Must be incredibly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task under pressure
- Must be proactive, have a positive attitude, and be prepared to attend multiple live shows throughout the week
- Must be passionate about music!
- 4+ years of music industry sales or marketing experience with music streaming experience.
- Existing relationships with existing labels and/or contacts on commercial/marketing platforms
“All UMG employees must currently be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering company offices, unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law”